Wow, I can't believe that it has already been 6 months since I moved to LA! A lot has happened in the last half a year, a lot of things that have made me learn more about myself: my strengths, my flaws and my general character. Life in California has not been without its challenges and these last 6 months have certainly been a transition period for me. Sometimes I feel like that's brought out the best of me and sometimes I feel like that has brought out less than the best of me but overall I'm happy with my move and happy with the person I am becoming.
Being unemployed for two months was an interesting experience and in some ways exactly what I needed. But after a point I started to feel very idle, like I wasn't reaching my potential. I start a new job this week and I think this will be the beginning of the next phase of my life in California. In the next 6 months I hope to discover whether I want to continue my west coast experiment or try something else. Needless to say, I'm excited for what is to come.
My goals for the next 6 months:
- See more of LA! I make an effort to leave Playa but its been 6 months and I still haven't really hung out down town or several other neighborhoods. There's lots to see and I want to see it.
- Travel around California Now that I feel more settled and like I have my home base, I want to take more day and weekend trips. San Diego, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, San Francisco and Yosemite are all on my list
- Go to more comedy shows. LA is a comedy hub, and who doesn't like to laugh?
- Spend more time with my family in the area. Life got a bit crazy in the past 6 months, but I've got family in the area and should see them more often.
- Spend time with people who want to be around me and who I want to be around. Sometimes you learn this the hard way but life is too short. Foster the friendships that matter, forget about the rest.
A few photo highlights of the last 6 months:
|Hollywood Bowl for the Playboy Jazz Festival|
|I hiked to the top of the Hollywood sign...amazing views of the city and the valley|
|LA Kings win the Stanley Cup!|
|Bottle Service for Eva's birthday!|
|Lovely day in Santa Monica with a visit from my friend Val from Virginia|
|Cinco de Mayo|
|Venice Canals---absolutely beautiful|
|Dressing up as solo cups for an Easter Keg Hunt|
|Patriotic Outfits for the 4th of July|
|The Fab Four--wonderful ladies who I am so happy I met!|
|Group bike ride|
|Santa Monica Pier at Sunset|
|Just a random wednesday night in the neighborhood...jumping into random people's bat mobiles.|